sábado, 9 de novembro de 2019

0097 – The Butcher - Leonard Cohen (1969)

Escrita por Leonard Cohen, foi gravada em outubro de 1968 e lançada em 7 de abril de 1969 no disco Songs from a room, o segundo da carreira de Leonard Cohen.


I came upon a butcher
He was slaughtering a lamb
I accused him there
With his tortured lamb

He said, "Listen to me, child"
"I am what I am"
"And you, you are my only son"


Well, I found a silver needle
I put it into my arm
It did some good
Did some harm

But the nights were cold
And it almost kept me warm
How come the night is long?


I saw some flowers growing up
Where that lamb fell down
Was I supposed to praise my Lord
Make some kind of joyful sound?

He said, "Listen, listen to me now"
"I go 'round and 'round"
"And you, you are my only child"


Do not leave me now
Do not leave me now
I'm broken down
From a recent fall

Blood upon my body
And ice upon my soul
Lead on, my son, it is your world



A versão de Leonard Cohen:


A versão de Ken Middleton:


A versão de Santo Rock:

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

1942 – The Police – Message in a bottle (1979)

Escrita por Sting, foi gravada em fevereiro de 1979 no Surray Sound Studios e lançada em 7 de setembro de 1979 no compacto que tinha La...