domingo, 18 de julho de 2021

1353 – Led Zeppelin – Over the hills and far away (1973)

 


Escrita por Jimmy Page e Robert Plant, foi gravada em 1972 e lançada em 28 de março de 1973 no disco House of the holy. Depois sairia em compacto em 24 de maio de 1973, que tinha Dancing days como Lado B. A revista Rolling Stone disse era a número 16 da lista das melhores canções do Led Zeppelin. A publicacão Spin disse no entanto se tratar da melhor canção do Led Zeppelin.


A letra:


Hey lady, you got the love I need
Maybe more than enough
Oh darling, darling, darling
Walk a while with me
Ohh, you've got so much, so much, so much


Many have I loved, and many times been bitten
Many times I've gazed along the open road


Many times I've lied, and many times I've listened
Many times I've wondered how much there is to know


Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings
I live for my dream, and a pocket full of gold


Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missing
Many, many men can't see the open road


Many is a word that only leaves you guessing
Guessing 'bout a thing you really oughtta know, oh, oh, oh, oh
Really oughtta know (oh, oh, oh)
I really oughtta know
Oh
You know I should, you know I should, you know I should, you know I should


A versão do Led Zeppelin:



A versão de Luna Achiary:



A versão do Student Loan:



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

1947 – Leonard Cohen – The guests (1979)

Escrita por Leonard Cohen, foi gravada entre abril e maio de 1979 e lançada no disco Recent Songs, o sexto disco de Leonard, em 27 de s...