sexta-feira, 14 de junho de 2024

1970 – Led Zeppelin – I'm gonna crawl (1979)

 

Escrita por John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant, foi gravada entre novembro e dezembro de 1978, no Polar Studio, em Estocolmo, Suécia. Foi lançada em 22 de agosto de 1979, no disco In through the out door, o oitavo e último disco da banda. Foi produzida por Jimmy Page. Trata-se de um blues relaxado. A intenção foi fazer algo parecido com Wilson Pickett e Otis Redding. Robert Plant cantou, Jimmy Oage tocou guitarra. John Paul Jones tocou baixo e teclados. John Bonham tocou bateria e percussão.


A letra:


Oh she's my baby
Let me tell you why
Hey, she drives me crazy
She's the apple of my eye
'Cause she is my girl
And she can never do wrong
If I dream too much at night
Somebody please bring me down

Hey, I love that little lady
I got to be her fool
Ain't no other like my baby
I can break the golden rule
'Cause I get down on my knees
Oh, I pray that love won't die
And if I always try to please
I don't know the reason why, yeah

If she would come back
Only stay with me
Every little bit of my love, etc.

I give to you girl

I don't have to go by plane
I ain't gotta go by car

I don't care just where my darling is
People I just don't care how far
I'm gonna crawl

I don't care if I got to go back home

I don't care what I got to stand to her back
I'm gonna crawl

I'm gonna move the car, baby

She give me good lovin

Yes I love her, I guess I love her

I wanna crawl


A versão do Led Zeppelin:




Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

1973 – The Cure – Fire in Cairo (1979)

  Escrita por Robert Smith, Michael Dempsey e Lol Tolhurst, foi gravada entre 1978 e 1979 e lançada no disco Three imaginary boys, o d...