sexta-feira, 9 de agosto de 2019

945 – The Temptations – I want a love I can see (1963)

Escrita por Smokey Robinson, foi gravada pelos Temptations em 31 de janeiro e 1 de fevereiro de 1963 e lançada em 18 de março de 1963 no compacto que tinha The further you look the less you see como Lado B.

O compacto foi o primeiro Lado A do grupo escrito e produzido por Smokey Robinson.

Paul Williams fez os vocais principais, enquanto que o background vocals foi feito por Eddie Kendricks, Al Bryant e Otis Williams. A instrumentação foi feita pelos Funk Brothers.

A letra:

I want a love I can see. (Ah-Pow-Pow)
That's the only kind that means a thing to me. (Ah-Pow-Pow)
Don't want a love you have to tell me about. (Ah-Pow-Pow)
That kind of loving I can sure do without. (I can sure do without)
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
I want a love I can feel. (Doo-Doo)
That's the only kind of loving I think it's real. (Doo-Doo)
Don't want to be quoted by something I heard now. (Doo-Doo)
'Cause baby action speaks louder than words. (Ah, louder than words)
Yeah, yeah, yeah
I want a love that's mine. (I want a love, that's mine)
In the rain or in sun, sun, sunshine. (I want a love, that's mine)
A love to keep warm when it's cold. (I want a love, that's mine)
The kind of love that will never grow old. (Never grow old)
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, oh-uh-huh
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Want a love I can see. (I wanna love I can see)
The kind of love you can give to me. (Give to me)
The kind of kisses to make, make me melt. (Ooo, make me melt)
The kind of love that can really be felt, now. (Really be felt)
Yeah, yeah, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby... I
Yeah, I want her love now.
The kind of love that can be felt.
Uh-huh. Yeah
Yeah, yeah, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby... I
Yeah
No I, I, I, I... I wanna love her.
Uh-huh. Yeah

A versão dos Temptations:


A versão de Pepe Marquez:

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

1947 – Leonard Cohen – The guests (1979)

Escrita por Leonard Cohen, foi gravada entre abril e maio de 1979 e lançada no disco Recent Songs, o sexto disco de Leonard, em 27 de s...