sábado, 15 de dezembro de 2012

0040 – Baby, it’s you - The Shirelles (1961)


Compositores: Burt Bacharach, Mack David e Luther Dixon


  • Foi gravada em 1960 e lançada em 1961 no compacto que tinha The things I want to hear (Pretty things) como Lado B.
  • Chegou ao número 8 no Billboard Hot 100 e número 3 no Billboard R&B.
  • Foi regravada pelos Beatles, entre outros artistas.
A letra:


Sha-la-la-la-la-la-la
Sha-la-la-la-la-la-la
Sha-la-la-la-la-la-la
Sha-la-la-la-la



It's not the way you smile that touched my heart
(Sha-la-la-la-la)
It's not the way you kiss that tears me apart

But, oh, many many many nights roll by
I sit alone at home and cry over you
What can I do, I can't help myself

'Cause, baby, it's you (sha-la-la-la-la-la-la)
Baby, it's you (sha-la-la-la-la-la-la)
(Sha-la-la-la-la)



You should hear what they say about you (cheat, cheat)
(Sha-la-la-la-la)
They say, they say you never never never been true (cheat, cheat)

Wo ho, it doesn't matter what they say
I know I'm gonna love you any old way
What can I do, when it's true
I Don't want nobody, nobody
'Cause, baby, it's you (sha-la-la-la-la-la-la)
Baby, it's you (sha-la-la-la-la-la-la)



But, oh, many many many nights roll by
I sit alone at home and cry over you
What can I do, I can't help myself

'Cause, baby, it's you (sha-la-la-la-la-la-la)
Baby, it's you (sha-la-la-la-la-la-la)

Don't leave me all alone (sha-la-la-la-la-la-la)
Come on home (sha-la-la-la-la-la-la)

Baby it's you..

A versão original das Shirelles, somente áudio:


Baby it's you com os Beatles, somente áudio:




Elvis Costello e Nick Loew, com Baby it's you:



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

2403 – Leonard Cohen – Dance Me to the End of Love (1984)

  Escrita inteiramente por Leonard Cohen, “Dance Me to the End of Love” foi gravada no início de 1984 no Larrabee Sound Studios em Los Ang...