segunda-feira, 15 de maio de 2023

1738 – James Taylor – Your smiling face (1977)



Escrita por James Taylor, foi gravada entre março e abril de 1977 e lançada no disco JT, o oitavo de James Taylor, em 22 de junho de 1977. Foi produzida por Peter Asher. Sairia em compacto em setembro de 1977, com If I keep my heart out of sight como Lado B. Chegou ao número 20 do Billboard Hot 100. Chegou ao número 11 no Canadá. Frases como Isn't it amazing a man like me can feel this way?, reflete a surpresa de Taylor ao descobrir a felicidade no seu relacionamento com Carly Simon. James Taylor cantou e tocou violão. Danny Kirtchmar tocou guitarra. Leland Skalr tocou baixo. Dr. Clarence McDonald tocou piano. Russell Kunkel tocou bateria.


A letra:


Whenever I see your smilling face
I have to smile myself
Because I love you, yes I
And when you give me that pretty little pout
It turns me inside out
There's something about you, baby
I don't know

Isn't it amazing a man like me
Can feel this way?
Tell me how much longer
It can grow stronger every day
Oh, how much longer?

I thought I was in love a couple of times before
With the girl next door
But that was long before I met you
Now I'm sure that I won't forget you

And I thank my lucky stars
That you are who you are
And not just another lovely lady
Sent down to break my heart

Isn't it amazing a man like me
Can feel this way?
Oh tell me how much longer
It can grow stronger every day

Somebody tell me
No one can tell me that I'm doing wrong today
Whenever I see you smilin' at me
Nobody can tell me that, tell me that I'm doing wrong today
Whenever I see you shining everything my way

Nobody, nobody, nobody shout a little loud, no no no no
Lalalalala come on
Nobody gonna turn me around, nobody gonna put me down
Nobody gonna turn me around
Whenever I see you smilin'
No one can tell me that, you were wrong babe


A versão de James Taylor:



A versão dos Logins:



A versão de Bob Woolcock:



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

1947 – Leonard Cohen – The guests (1979)

Escrita por Leonard Cohen, foi gravada entre abril e maio de 1979 e lançada no disco Recent Songs, o sexto disco de Leonard, em 27 de s...