terça-feira, 16 de novembro de 2021

1437 – Elton John – Grimsby (1974)


Escrita por Elton John e Bernie Taupin, foi gravada em janeiro de 1974 e lançada em 28 de junho de 1974 no disco Caribou, o oitavo da carreira de Elton John. Foi produzida por Gus Dudgeon. Elton John cantou e tocou piano acústico. Davey Johnstone tocou violão, guitarra, bandolim e fez backing vocals. Nigel Olsson tocou bateria e fez backing vocals. Ray Cooper tocou pandeiro, congas, assobiou, tocou vibraphone, snare, castanholas, sinos tubulares e maracas.


A letra;


As I lay dreaming in my bed
Across the great divide
I thought I heard the trawler boats
Returning on the tide


And in this vision of my home
The shingle beach did ring
I saw the lights along the pier
That made my senses sing


Oh oh Grimsby, a thousand delights
Couldn´t match the sweet sights
Of my Grimsby
Oh England you´re fair
But there´s none to compare with my Grimsby

Through nights of mad youth
I have loved every sluice in your harbour
And in your wild sands from boyhood to man
Strangers have found themselves fathers


Take me back you rustic town
I miss your magic charm
Just to smell your candy floss
Or drink in the Skinners Arms

No Cordon Bleu can match the beauty
Of your pies and peas
I want to ride your fairground
Take air along the quay


Oh oh Grimsby, a thousand delights
Couldn´t match the sweet sights
Of my Grimsby
Oh England you´re fair
But there´s none to compare with my Grimsby

Through nights of mad youth
I have loved every sluice in your harbour
And in your wild sands from boyhood to man
Strangers have found themselves fathers


Grimsby, a thousand delights
Couldn´t match the sweet sights
Of my Grimsby
Oh England you´re fair
But there´s none to compare with my Grimsby


Grimsby, a thousand delights
Couldn´t match the sweet sights
Of my Grimsby
Oh England you´re fair
But there´s none to compare with my Grimsby


A versão de Elton John:



A versão de Glupiter:



A versão de Mike Evans:



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

2403 – Leonard Cohen – Dance Me to the End of Love (1984)

  Escrita inteiramente por Leonard Cohen, “Dance Me to the End of Love” foi gravada no início de 1984 no Larrabee Sound Studios em Los Ang...