quinta-feira, 20 de abril de 2023

1725 – Bob Marley and The Wailers – So much things to say (1977)



Escrita por Bob Marley, foi gravada entre janeiro e abril de 1977 e lançada em 3 de junho de 1977, no disco Exodus, o nono disco do grupo. Foi produzida por Bob Marley and The Wailers. Nesse disco, Bob separou as músicas em duas metades. Na primeira metade, fala sobre política e religião e é nessa metade que So much things to say se enquadra. So much things to say cita Jesus Christ na sua letra. Bob Marley tinha sofrido um atentado no mês de dezembro de 1976, na Jamaica e se mudou pra Londres, onde ele gravou essa canção logo em seguida.Bob cantou, fez backing vocals e tocou guitarra. Junior Marvin tocou guitarra. Aston Barrett tocou baixo. Calrton Barrett tocou bateria. Tyrone Downie tocou sintetizador, piano elétrico, órgão e fez backing vocals. Alvin patterson tocou percussão. Rita Marley, Marcia Griffiths e Judy Mowatt fizeram backing vocals. David Madden tocou trompete. Vin Gordon tocou trombone e Glen da Costa tocou sax.


A letra:


Ooh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yea-a-ah, ye-yeah, yeah, yeah
Ooh yeah, yeah

They got so much things to say right now
They got so much things to say
They got so much things to say right (now)
They got so much things to say

Hey, but I'll never forget, no way
They crucified Jessus Christ
I'll never forget, no way
They sold Marcus Garvey for rice, ooh
I'll never forget, no way
They turned their backs on Paul Bogle, hey, hey
So don't you forget, no you
Who you are and where you stand in the struggle

They got so very, so very, so very, so very, so very
So very, so very, so, so very
They sayin' everything, they sayin' so much today
They got so much things to say, so much things to say

Well, I and I and I no come to fight flesh and blood
But spiritual wickedness in high and low places
So while they fight you down
Stand firm and give Jah thanks and praises
'Cause I and I no expect to be justified
By the laws of men, by the laws of men
Whole jury found me guilty
But prove, truth shall prove my innocency

Oh, when the rain fall, fall, fall now
It won't fall on one man's housetop, remember that
When the rain fall
It won't fall on one man's housetop
They singin', so very much, so very much, oh, so
So very much, so, so very
They got so much things to say right (now)
Yeah, they got so much things to say

Hey, but I and I, I and I no come to fight flesh and blood
Spiritual wickedness in high and low places
So while, so while, so while they fight you down
Stand firm and give Jah thanks and praises
I and I no expect to be justified
By the laws of men, by the laws of men
Hey, truth got to prove my innocency
I'm told the wicked think they found me guilty
They got, well, well, well, well, we we we well, la la la la la la la
La la la la la la la la, they lubberin' all the time
So much things to (say) rumour about
They gotta rumour without humour, they don't know what they're doin', yeah


A versão de Bob Marley and The Wailers:



A versão de Rafael Cardoso:



A versão de Cosima:


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

1946 – George Harrison – Love comes to everyone (1979)

  Escrita por George Harrison, foi gravada entre abril e outubro de 1978, foi lançada em 14 de fevereiro de 1978 no disco George Harris...