domingo, 9 de abril de 2017

614 – Eric Burdon and the Animals – Good times (1967)

Escrita por Eric Burdon, John Weider, Vic Briggs, Danny McCulloch e Barry Jenkins, foi gravada em março de 1967 e lançada em setembro de 1967 em um compacto que tinha Ain't that so como Lado B. Saiu também no disco Winds of change.

A letra fala de um pessoa que sente pena porque gastou muito tempo com coisas inuteis enquanto poderia estar fazendo algo mais útil. Chegou ao número 20 nos charts britanicos. Ozzy Osbourne gravou-a em 2005.

A letra:

When I think of all the good times that I've wasted having good times
When I think of all the good time that 's been wasted having good times
When I was drinkin'
I should've been thinkin'
When I was fighting
I could've done the right thing
All of that boozin'
I was really losin'
Good times
Good times
When I think of all the good time that's been wasted having good times
When I think of all the good time that's been wasted having good times
All of my lying
I remember her crying
My useless talkin'
I couldv'e been walkin'
Instead of complainin'
I couldv'e been gainin'
Good times
Yes, here we all are having a jolly good time
And everything is working out fine, ha ha ha ha ha
Useless talkin'
All that walkin
All of my sinnin'
I could've been winnin'
I have it too easy
And its a beginning of good times
Good times
I said good times
Talking bout good times

A versão de Eric Burdon and The Animals:


A versão de Ozzy Orbourne:


A versão de Eric Burdon ao vivo:

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

1937 – Dire Straits – Follow me home (1979)

Escrita por Mark Knopfler, foi gravada entre 28 de novembro e 12 de dezembro de 1978, no Compass Point, em Nassau e lançada em 5 de jun...